cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fishbowl effect

cfiechter
Listener

In Zoom meetings, viewing myself, there is a fishbowl effect.  The viewers say I look normal, but it is distracting to me to see myself distorted and stretched out like a fishbowl effect.  Does anyone know how to change this?  I am on a MacBook Air running Bootcamp. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@cfiechter Unfortunately if there is an issue with how your Camera is displaying on your Macbook, the wonderful team over at Apple support would need to continue to assist. 

I would take a look at their support portal and reach out to them (or in person at an Apple store) for additional assistance. 
https://support.apple.com/mac/macbook

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @cfiechter weird you're experiencing this! What are the camera options when choosing a camera within your Zoom desktop client settings? Are you using an integrated camera or an external USB camera? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 9.35.07 AM.png

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest upgrading Zoom to the latest version or uninstalling Zoom and reinstalling 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Uninstalling and reinstalling took care of it!  The camera is just the built-in camera on the MacBook.  The fishbowl effect did not happen with any other program than Zoom.  Not sure why it started doing that but it is fixed now.  Thank you! 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@cfiechter great! Uninstalling/reinstalling usually takes away the wonkiness with the client. Glad it got resolved! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!