cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to Detect Speakers

Nina1
Listener

Hi!! 

Overnight, my Zoom meetings has failed to detect my speakers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. 

I have tested my speakers on other platforms (microsoft teams etc) as well as regular speaker test and they work fine, so its only a problem in Zoom. 

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Many Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Erwin
Listener

Hi. Same happened to me. Un-install / Install Zoom, did not help.

have you managed to solve it yet?

Not yet solved.

Steps executed: Trouble speakers - uninstall/reinstall Zoom - verified compatibility with Windows version -Reverted to system image previous to Windows security update- tried with a blue tooth speaker.

Speakers are working well with other applications.

KelSmith
Listener

Same happened with me and I have some virtual training to do tomorrow - can anyone please help?

Erwin
Listener

Workaround applied (while troubleshooting and pending a solution): User 2 devices (Laptop and cell). Laptop is used for viewing and talking while the cell is being used for listening. Needles to say that steps need to be taken, to prevent feed-back.

kmwilson
Listener

I'm having this same problem as well. It works sometimes and doesn't sometimes. It's a total crap shoot. I never know which days Zoom is going to be able to detect my speakers. Usually I can connect by my phone, but sometimes I'm in a situation where that is not a viable option, like right now.

Same problem. Flips back and forth during an hour.

themaushaus
Listener

Same over here.  Seems to work on the app, but not when I'm using the website.  OR works when I'm a guest but not when I'm hosting (still not sure).  Troubleshooting never completes, just sits there and spins.  I have to use task manager to close it.  My zoom acct (website) is my work email and my speakers are connected to my Microsoft acct, so they're under my personal email.  I feel like this might be the problem, but I can't find in Zoom where it says what devices (speakers) to use.  Anyone know where that is?  

It works sometimes and doesn't work sometimes. It's not a compatibility issue. 

themaushaus
Listener

I reinstalled Zoom, but used the 64 bit download and it's currently working.  Not sure if it will continue to work.  But, I do think its a Windows 11 issue.  

themaushaus
Listener

Have you fixed this yet?  I found a non-Zoom forum that said to uninstall Zoom and then download the 64 bit version.  I did that and it's been working since then.  Might be an issue with the Windows update.  

CarolSeig
Listener

The posted fix does not work when you are the host using the client.  When you are in the main session you can year other's just fine.  Set up breakout rooms and assign/join the participant and the speaker issue rears it's ugly head.  The Web browser works fine.

bayej746
Listener

This labored for me, however I needed to do more small steps on my cease, as it did not initially paintings with just turning off the AirPlay Receiver to about hunting manual programs. I had to restart Zoom and smooth reset my iOS device.