cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to detect your microphone and speaker. Please make sure your devices are properly connected

Robert63
Listener

New Asus ZenBook running Windows 11.  Speakers and Microphone work perfectly with Microsoft Teams and all other applications EXCEPT ZOOM.  I've followed all troubleshooting guidance and paid for an IT expert to investigate.  The problem still remains.  The Zoom test section for speakers returns a good result.  The Zoom test section for microphone shows that sound is being heard, but when the reply button is pressed the recording is silent.

9 REPLIES 9

Bitcoin_Shaman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey @Robert63 thanks for reaching out!!

Are all drivers and Windows components up to date? You can find a list of system requirements herehttps://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux

Hopefully this helps!

All requirements met except I am running Windows 11.

Surprised if Zoom have not upgraded to support Windows 11, as this is the platform for the majority of new purchases and being promoted for upgrades.

Hi! Did you find any solution?

mark39
Listener

Hi I'm also encountering similar issues using zoom on my Asus Vivobook after the recent update to windows 11. Can zoom look into it? My audio devices work perfectly fine with other software like Microsoft Teams and Google Meet but as zoom is unable to detect my audio devices I join audio in Zoom Meetings 

stevario
Listener

I have this same issue on ZenBook UX363EA.  I have tried multiple headsets.  I continue to get disconnected from Audio in Zoom.  The drivers are all up to date and the headsets work in Teams and other apps.  But Zoom keeps disconnecting.

This may sound odd, but what I found is that the driver that was installed on my laptop, was not the precisely correct one for the exact model I had.  It worked same as yours for everything except Zoom even after hitting driver update.  I had to scroll through the driver download location   https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/    to find the precise driver for my laptop and actually uninstall the existing one and install the new one.  No idea if this will work for you and it is a pain trying to find the precise driver.

Thanks Robert.  I very much appreciate your response.  I am getting close to the end with this machine.  I have downloaded all the specific drivers from asus.com for my machine, meaning I do go to the specific download page for my model, select Windows 11 and download the latest of all drivers.  I have also gone to Intel's page and downloaded the latest Chipset drivers, which are more recent than the drivers from ASUS.  I do have the latest BIOS installed as well.

I am actually going a step further than uninstalling the drivers.  I am reinstalling Windows fresh using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and then trying different sets of drivers, including the ones from ASUS and the ones from Intel.  When that does not work, I start over.  I format the drive, reinstall Windows 11, reinstall a different combination of drivers and test Zoom.  In all cases... the problem persists.

Question for you... do you know exactly which driver you got from ASUS that fixed your issue?  Was the Audio driver?  One of the Chipset drivers?  Something else?  Any reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen

It was just the audio driver - I required Zenbook 13 OLED (UX325, 11th Gen Intel).  There were multiple UX325 models listed.  My model has harman/kardon sound and some other UX325 models seemed to have other sound suppliers

Awesome.   I really appreciate the response. I know I have downloaded the Audio drivers... but  I will take another look at the drivers page and walk it out again.