cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to detect microphone and speaker. please make sure your devices are properly connected.

Sneferu
Listener

I recently update my laptop (Asus Vivobook S15) to Windows 11 and I am encountering an issue. I keep getting all the meeting the following error ”Failed to detect microphone and speaker. please make sure your devices are properly connected.” that disconnects my microphone (built in, plug in ) and my speakers. 95% of the meeting I have to go to settings and select over and over between” Speakers (Realtek (R) Audio)” and ”Same as system”. Sometimes still doesn't work if I choose Speakers (Realtek (R) Audio) so I have to select Same as Audio. It's driving me insane. I didn't had any problem on Windows 10. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dudimodigliani
Listener

Downloading the Audio Driver manually worked for me PERFECT, you'll find them as Jennifer-wu-wu wrote, on https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/.

Type your model, look for Driver&Tools on the right, select your OS (Operative System), look for Audio and click on the Download in blue, then after the download finishes, open the driver and the computer installs it, the computer reboots, and then you can use your Audio for Zoom normally.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Bitcoin_Shaman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Sneferu 

Thanks for reaching out! I have escalated this issue internally and once I hear back I will pass that info along. 

Thanks again!

Bitcoin_Shaman

Hey @Sneferu !

After reaching out I found that Zoom is not yet officially supporting Windows 11. The system requirements page still certainly does not list Windows 11.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux

I have heard many users be able to run Zoom on Windows 11 with no problem, but also numerous cases of users having some trouble of one type or another. You can stay up-to-date with our blog and release notes

Thanks!

WHY isn't Zoom officially supporting Windows 11?  I just bought a new computer and this is what they gave me, an HP with Windows 11.  I keep getting messages, "Failed to detect your microphone.  Please make sure your microphone is properly connected."  I am 70 years old and a complete computer illiterate, and the best way I can connect with people anymore is with my Zoom meetings.  Now I cannot talk and can only listen.  I am cut off from people.  I am sorry, but your instructions, to me, are in a different language.  I took this computer to Best Buy and they made me feel stupid for not knowing my password, but I never set up an account, so I didn't have one.  People always sent me a link that I clicked on.  So I set up an account and called them.  The recording said that my account doesn't deserve live technical support!  WHAT GOOD ARE THEY?  Are they ever going to officially support Windows 11?

Bitcoin_Shaman

@hahall Thanks for reaching out, we are sorry to hear you are having issues.

To you question on Windows 11, it is officially supported. Please see here.

If this is a new computer, please make sure that all drivers, software, and operating system is up to date. Here is another Zoom support article that can help

With your Zoom account you can request technical assistance here

Please let me know the result after updating everything & once a ticket is created I can work internally to escalate it. 

Thanks!

majosearosemena
Listener

I am also having the same problem! Is there still no solution for windows 11?

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/

you can try to download a dedicated audio driver from the ASUS website.  it needs your machine's detailed type info, you can get corresponding drivers.

joanncampbell
Listener

time to fix the problem zoom

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/

you can try to download a dedicated audio driver from the ASUS website.  it needs your machine's detailed type info, you can get corresponding drivers.

Robert63
Listener

Hi.  I had the problem resolved by Zoom's Engineering support.  It was the Laptops specific audio driver that was not working.  Although when I first logged this issue the drivers had been verified, now that I reinstall the driver today things work correctly.

On the ASUS driver site - https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/ be very precise about the model number.  In my case it needed to be - Zenbook 13 OLED (UX325, 11th Gen Intel).  There are many UX325 models listed.

dudimodigliani
Listener

Downloading the Audio Driver manually worked for me PERFECT, you'll find them as Jennifer-wu-wu wrote, on https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/.

Type your model, look for Driver&Tools on the right, select your OS (Operative System), look for Audio and click on the Download in blue, then after the download finishes, open the driver and the computer installs it, the computer reboots, and then you can use your Audio for Zoom normally.

Updated audio driver for my ASUS X515EA but still get the Cannot Connect Mic or Speakers.  They kinda try to work but cut out after a few seconds.  

To be clear, speakers and mic work flawlessly in other apps (YouTube, messenger, etc.)

Jennife
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

sorry to hear that. you could pls raise a ticket to Zoom support. they need to analyze your meeting logs case by case.

majosearosemena
Listener

Downloading the audio driver manually and restarting the computer didn't work for me. I've tried it twice now and nothing

Sheema
Listener

I am having the same issue, i tried to update my driver but not working still. 

ABvsZOOM
Listener

Same problem here.

I've downloaded the driver from Asus, but Windows won't let me install it.

Says, "you already have the best driver installed", or something to that effect.

Looking in Device Manager and the Events tab I see this:

"Audio inputs and outputs" Microphone and Speaker - audio drivers failed to migrate settings (in the update to Win 11 from Win 10 at the end of January.)

"Sound, video and game controllers" Realtek audio drivers say "Device install requested."

"Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_1043102F&REV_1000\5&27899c26&0&0001 requires further installation."

I have no apparent way to fulfill this "further installation", as above.

And Windows won't allow me to install a new driver.

I've even tried a complete PC Reset, but still the same problem persists. The only change is the first pair "mic and speakers" in the "audio video and outputs" section,  drivers have now successfully migrated their settings.

But I don't seem to be able to use them.

This is crazy.

DonnVeum
Listener

I am having a similar problem.  I intermittently get the error message 'Failed to detect your microphone and speaker'.  Sometimes it works OK and sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't I cannot figure out how to make it work.  Didn't work last night and then tried Zoom today and I didn't get the message and my audio worked fine.  

Most of the time now mine works.  When it doesn't, I use my phone.  I am 70 and have no idea what to do, even  though there appears to be something that can be done.  I  KNOW those directions are in English, but I have absolutely no comprehension...  Maybe yours will right itself, too.  Good luck.