cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to detect microphone and speaker appears from time to time

Coventry24
Listener

Hi,  I presently use Zoom on my PC its a Lenovo 10110 and for some reason over the past 6 months I have started to get the above message when I log on, I have been through every google suggestion known and nothing seems to work, but for some reason occasionally it starts working again and is fine for a few weeks then suddenly goes again. its very frustrating as I need to use Zoom for my work but I cant rely on it now as I dont know if it will work from one day to the next, but have done all the tests it has asked me to. 

Any new suggestions please ?

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Coventry24 

Have you tried deleting the Zoom app, restarting your computer, and reinstalling it? This does the trick for many users!

Keep me updated.

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have tried deleting Zoom and reinstalling. Nothing is working. This has happened three days in a row. Frustrating!

Hi @nikonjeff , 

I know how frustrating this can be, let me try to assist the best I can.

Could you please check if you have enabled or turned “ON” the “Allow access to the microphone on this device” (Windows Only). Here's how: 

1. On the Windows machine,> Click Start > Click settings (gear icon) > then go to privacy > scroll down or search for microphone then click it.

2. On the 'Microphone access for this device is off' > Click change

image (1).png
3. Make sure microphone access for this device is “ON”

image (2).png

4. Then allow apps (Zoom) to access your microphone.

image (3).png
If this does not help, could you please run the CleanZoom file by clicking on this link and then opening the download: https://support.zoom.us/hc/enus/article_attachments/360084068792/CleanZoom.zip.

Once done initializing, please reboot the device and visit this link to download the 64-bit version of the Zoom Client: https://zoom.us/download

Let me know if this works!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

RodrigoMendonca
Listener

DELETED BY OWNER