cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to convert

Fettah
Listener

When I end the meeting after recording on my PC it used to convert automatically Now I get a screen saying failed to convert 

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

There are a few approaches to fixing this issue...

1. Navigate to the folder where the recordings are being saved.
  2. Double-click on the filename "double_click_to_convert.zoom"
  3. That should start the conversion process manually.
  4. If it doesn't and still fails then try the following.

1. Locate the file "zTscoder.exe" on your file system
  2. On a Windows system it is usually here: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin
  3. You need to execute zTscoder.exe "filepath\filename" of the recording file.

If that doesn't work, then very carefully follow these steps. WARNING: Make a copy of any file that your going to attempt to replace or convert prior to attempting that action.

1. Copy the ".zoom" files that will not convert and copy them to a different location.
  2. Open Zoom, Start a new meeting, and Start Recording that meeting.
  3. Pause the recording in that active meeting.
  4. Go to the LOCAL directory where the recordings are being saved as “.zoom” files. They are there even from the meeting that is currently running, but remember, the recording is paused.
  5. Copy the “.zoom” recording files (the ones that you made a copy of that wouldn't convert earlier) and PASTE them on top of the new and currently paused recording files of the active meeting.
  6. SUPER IMPORTANT: DO NOT UNPAUSE the Recording, but do go into the running Zoom meeting and End the Meeting.
  7. Ending the meeting will trigger Zoom to auto-convert the recorded files and it works almost every time. It converts the files that failed earlier.
  8. If it doesn't convert using this method then I'm afraid that the files are corrupted beyond repair. Maybe a power outage, or shutting the computer down or the lid of the laptop prior to the conversion being completed, etc.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen