cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed installation of Desktop app on Mac (Ventura 13.0)

btoft
Listener

Unable to install Zoom desktop to my Mac (Ventura 13.0) because Safari pop up window states in cannot verify server.  Support has been no support at all as their directives have not solved the problem. "

“zoomusInstallerFull-4.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." And..."

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

21 REPLIES 21

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi btoft,

as of 11/7/2022, current version for macos is 5.12.6 (12435)

Release notes for macOS – Zoom Support

release notes specify:

Download hereDownload Center

does this version for you?

thanks,  eliot

Good morning Eliot, 

I have again, for the 7th time, at the request of Zoom support to reinstall Zoom. I'm continually asked to uninstall and reinstall the latest version, which I cannot uninstall the program as it was already uninstalled the first time it was requested and I have not been able to reinstall it since. Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade back to MacOS 12 because there are applications that are on here that I no longer have a copy of that I need to continue using. 
We need Zoom to fix this issue. Some of us, like myself, are paying a monthly subscription and this now affecting my workflow. I have to resort to my phone or tablet to conduct presentations and for what I do, the desktop application is vital to the work I do. 
I am attaching a screenshot of the fail notice for every time I've attempted to install this application. No matter which version I attempt, I get the same result. 

--KRONOS

One additional situation to check.  I have my download destination set to an iCloud folder (so that I can access downloads on my desktop at work and on my laptop at home)... I was getting the same error, when I realized that the installer was living in iCloud, rather than locally.  I dragged the installer to my desktop and BOOM- installed.  Do I feel silly, yes... yes I do.

Thanks so much this was also my problem and now all good!

Eliot

hi btoft,

LC8 provided a solution which worked.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Mac-Ventura-13-0/m-p/82960/highlight/true#M45119

LC8 found a fix. LC8 went into settings and gave permission for installer to access LC8 downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

LC8 went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then clicked on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

please give this a try and let us know your results.

thanks,  eliot

I can confirm! That worked! Here is a screenshot for all, just in case (selections are emphasized in red)!

Thanks to LC8 for resolving the issue! 

Thanks.

So mine looks differently (this is my work MacBook). But apparently, the workaround was both toggling this ON (see second screenshot) and also installing for just me as the User and not all users on this MacBook.

Thank you for your assistance.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 10.27.38 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 10.25.39 AM.png

If that's your work MacBook, do you think the restrictions from an admin standpoint were implemented that prevent you from installing it for all users and only allows you to install for your account on the device?
My MacBook Pro is my personal laptop and I was able to install it for all users. 

Thank you.  Zoom is a pile of bloated dog (waste) 

Hello

For me it was a little bit different. 

Settings, Privacy and Security, Full disk access, Installer 👍

Snímek obrazovky 2023-03-25 v 18.02.20.png

Snímek obrazovky 2023-03-25 v 17.53.55.png

Thanks for the solution, not working for me.  It was toggle on.  So I um, clicked on - icon and now its gone.  However it didn't work when toggled on.  Any other ideas?

YES!!!!!! That worked. Thank you!

wesrg
Listener

Elliot,

Like Kronos and so many others, I've been running into the same issue with MacOS Ventura.

Zoom Support recommended that I uninstall manually the previous version I had and then manually install the latest version.

However, I have tried installing now countless times only to receive an error stating that the "Installer encountered an error that caused installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

It's ridiculous how Zoom Support has been just telling folks like me who have been trying to just try again, like we're the ones causing the repeated error. It's been the same result.

Eliot

hi wesrg,

please try lc8 solution mentioned above.

LC8 provided a solution which worked.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Mac-Ventura-13-0/m-p/82960/highlight/true#M45119

LC8 found a fix. LC8 went into settings and gave permission for installer to access LC8 downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

LC8 went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then clicked on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

please give this a try and let us know your results.

thanks,  eliot

Eliot

engineering hot fix is contained in 5.12.7 which was just released and should be available for Windows and macOS already: https://zoom.us/download

thanks,

eliot

AlexH
Listener

AlexH
Listener

Move the Zoom install download to desktop and then install. Credit for this solution is in the screenshot I posted earlier.

AlexH
Listener

I moved the Zoom install download to desktop and then I was able to install.

I can't believe that worked.. how stupid 😐 
Thank you!

I felt the same way. You're welcome!

Photon4ik
Listener

This solution worked for me:

Ventura 13.4, M1.

Apparently, my Downloads and Desktop folders were duplicated in my Dropbox (which I forgot about). I was confused as I didn't even have the Zoom Installer in the Privacy & Security -> Files and Folders / Full Disk Access as other people did. 

After moving the Zoom installer to the Applications folder, it was installed successfully. 

Good luck, everyone.