cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face/hands disappearing when using green screen

Elaine33
Listener

Problem #1: I'm using my own zoom background image and a green screen and my face and hands (all skin) disappears. All you can see is my clothing and eye pupils. It's acting as if my skin is green (and therefore blocked out). After awhile my skin returns, but occasionally disappears again in the middle of a meeting.

Problem #2: I can no longer click on the green screen to match the color. It used to show up as more than a cursor and I could tell the click was picking up my green screen color to match it. I imagine that this could be related to problem #1. 

SETUP: Logitech 930e, MacBook Pro 2020, my own green screen and image of an interior.

"I have a green screen" is checked.

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Elaine33 suggest looking into the KB on Changing your Virtual Background image and look for the 'best results' as suggested: 

• Use a very bright and distinct color, such as a green or blue screen. The contrast in colors makes it easier to distinguish you in the foreground from the bright background. Recommended physical green screens from Webaround or Amazon.
  • Higher quality cameras result in a better virtual background. See camera recommendations for details.
  • Use uniform lighting and color.
  • Do not wear clothing that is the same color as the virtual background.

Lastly, suggest updating your Zoom desktop client as it's been some time since you've posted this discussion.  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Problem 2 was not answered. I have a modern computer and the latest zoom but after selectin "I have a green screen! - there is no option, where there used to be, to 
"manually pick the color of the background if the detected color is not accurate no longer available"
It does print this in grey below the virtual backgrounds images/videos but there is not colour selector beside it just a circle with a question mark that if clicked opens a help text that says you can select the colour - but you can't as there is no circle colour button to do this with like there used to be. This colour selector seems to have disappeared and there is no mention of this on YouTube or within Zoom help website. Please ZOOM Admin, how can I get this selector back. I have a blue wall which I use as a 'green screen' but sometimes (same lighting conditions and clothing etc) it doesn't quite work as expected. It would be helpful to be able to manually tell the program the colour by using the previously very helpful colour selector!!! Why is this gone now and no mention of it anywhere is not helpful. 

danielgomez
Listener

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this? It's driving me nuts. Problem 1 that is.

The answer that was provided is pretty much a non-answer.

SKS_NBA
Listener

Also having this issue with a user. The answer above did not fix.