cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Microphone stops working with every room switch

KdMacD
Listener

I am using a Yeti Pro USB microphone from Yeti.  

Up until about 2 months ago, it would work seamlessly with Zoom.

More recently, every time I enter a new room (e.g. the main room upon first joining a meeting, or any breakout room or return to the main room, thereafter), my audio completely stops working.

To fix it, I am forced to go into my audio settings, select a different microphone (I select "Built In Microphone) and speaker (I select Built-In Output), and then instantly select back to my Yeti.  It is very cumbersome and happens with every room change.

Anyone know the cause of this issue, and, more importantly, a fix?

I am operating on the latest version of Zoom (and keep it updated religiously).

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @KdMacD thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I wanted to let you know that we are tracking this issue with Yeti currently and working through what appears to be a bug on their end. There is actually an extensive thread in another Community post in case you wanted to track it: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Blue-Yeti-microphone-not-working-on-MacOS-Monterey/m-p/37903#...

Definitely hope this one gets resolved soon and we are doing anything we can from this side! 

I realize this hasn't been a "fix" to your issue but if this post has been helpful, please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below, and have a nice weekend! 

Hi- I just started having a similar issue. My external mic was working flawlessly for a year but recently it stops feeding my zoom call. I'm on the current Mac OS and using the last version of Zoom. I just updated, but haven't had a chance to see if the issue still persists. I'm using a Shure MV7 plugged into a powered USB hub. I'd love some help. My internal mic on my iMac works fine, but the audio quality is not as good as the Shure. JIM

Same happening for me...  Any fix found for this yet?  This has been suddenly happening to me too for the last few months.  VERY annoying.  My Yeti used to always remain as my default mic.  Now when I go on a Zoom, it is not even showing on my mic selection list.  I am on a MacBook with most updated Apple software update too.  What can we do to solve for this?

pinnacle
Listener

Any fix found for this yet?  This has been suddenly happening to me too for the last few months.  VERY annoying.  My Yeti used to always remain as my default mic.  Now when I go on a Zoom, it is not even showing on my mic selection list.  I am on a MacBook with most updated Apple software update too.  What can we do to solve for this?  Please help.

patihoyt
Listener

I am NOT on Mac and zoom cannot work with my Yeti. Is it a fix for using Yeti with zoom? Thank you in advance.