cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Zoom Meeting without confirmation prompt if you're a host

NemanMTX
Attendee

How do you disable the confirmation prompt when leaving/ending a meeting you're hosting?

Hi. I finally have a macropad and want to build some Zoom keys. My first one should be one-click to exit a Zoom meeting.

I know:

• ALT-Q is the standard keyboard shortcut
  • It can be made global
  • In the General options, you can disable confirmation when leaving a meeting, but this only works if you're a guest
  • Upon issuing an exit command
    • If you're a guest, focus shifts to the red Leave Meeting button and you can press Enter (most of the time)
    • If you're a host, focus shifts to the red End Meeting for All button and you can press Enter (most of the time)

Mapping ALT-Q into a macropad key and disable confirmation when leaving a meeting, we're good if you're a guest. But I host as many (more?) meetings as I attend, and it doesn't work there.

For the record/geek cred: I can simulate pressing ENTER on the confirmation prompt in AutoHotkey:

WinClose, ahk_class ZPContentViewWndClass ; Close command
Sleep, 250 ; Wait x ms to allow confirmation dialog to appear/accept input
Send, {ENTER} ; Focus is on End Meeting For All option, so just press Enter

Return

It works from my external keyboard, but is ignored from my macropad. The point of using the macropad is to never have to look at the keyboard when I'm presenting. This is not an AutoHotkey help request or a macropad help request, but I wouldn't turn it down. 🙂

How do you disable the confirmation prompt when leaving/ending a meeting you're hosting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

There is not a way inside the Zoom client application to make this happen, although with the use of ZoomOSC, a product the Zoom acquired from Liminal Entertainment Technologies (https://www.liminalet.com/zoomosc) about a year ago, you can definitely make this happen.

In my world I use a combined toolset of Bitfocus Companion (https://bitfocus.io/companion/) with my Stream Deck, to manage my ZoomOSC actions of any given meeting/webinar, such as [multi-]spotlighting, [multi-]pinning, muting/unmuting, and much more. 

In this case I just add a single button "End Meeting" from the built-in Companion Presets to my Stream Deck, and then one press of that button and your current meeting that you are the Host of is instantly ended without pause from confirmations.

If you're familiar with these technologies you're off to the races. If you desire some guidance I'd invite you to join the Zoom Test Kitchen any Friday afternoon at 3:00 pm eastern. There are several of us who are familiar with ZoomOSC/ZoomISO that would be happy to provide you some further insight.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

ZoomTestKitchen

When you are the Host of the meeting...

1. When "Leaving" the meeting it is the required responsibility of the Host to designate who will become Host upon your departure. I am not aware of a way to by-pass this dialogue.
  2. When selecting "End Meeting for All" I am not aware of any confirmation prompt that appears.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Thanks Jeff / @ZoomTestKitchen!. I see I didn't word that quite right, my apologies.

As the host, I end meetings for all without designating an alternate host almost exclusively. The number of times I need to leave a meeting I was host of but need it to continue in my absence is extremely small. In those rare cases, I know to designate a host before exiting, because it's so salient.

For that reason, I'm treating the End Meeting for All / Leave Meeting dialogue as a confirmation prompt and mis-named it as such in my original post.

NemanMTX_0-1664817816965.png

When leaving a meeting where I'm a guest, since I've disabled Ask me to confirm when I leave a meeting, Zoom Meetings correctly doesn't display the Leave Meeting confirmation prompt. ALT-Q and I'm out.

NemanMTX_1-1664817944217.png

My goal is to come up with a keyboard shortcut (that will work with my macropad!) to end the meeting I'm hosting without being asked whether to End Meeting for All / Leave Meeting. In other words, a "force end meeting I'm hosting without any confirmations or decisions" shortcut. Just do it; I'll accept the consequences of my actions. 🙂

ZoomTestKitchen

There is not a way inside the Zoom client application to make this happen, although with the use of ZoomOSC, a product the Zoom acquired from Liminal Entertainment Technologies (https://www.liminalet.com/zoomosc) about a year ago, you can definitely make this happen.

In my world I use a combined toolset of Bitfocus Companion (https://bitfocus.io/companion/) with my Stream Deck, to manage my ZoomOSC actions of any given meeting/webinar, such as [multi-]spotlighting, [multi-]pinning, muting/unmuting, and much more. 

In this case I just add a single button "End Meeting" from the built-in Companion Presets to my Stream Deck, and then one press of that button and your current meeting that you are the Host of is instantly ended without pause from confirmations.

If you're familiar with these technologies you're off to the races. If you desire some guidance I'd invite you to join the Zoom Test Kitchen any Friday afternoon at 3:00 pm eastern. There are several of us who are familiar with ZoomOSC/ZoomISO that would be happy to provide you some further insight.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Brilliant! Thank you Jeff! I'm not familiar with those tools, but I'll get my apron and join the Kitchen in the near future. I have a feeling this is probably exactly what I need. 🙂

Is there a way I can get meeting info without joining Facebook? Is the LinkedIn site similar/equivalent?

ZoomTestKitchen

Yes, if you go to the LinkedIn page -> About  you'll see the meeting registration link there. Registration is required to aid in securing the meeting. It only requires your First, Last, and Email.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Is there a reason why Zoom requires the host's confirmation to end the meeting for all? I know it's petty, but I feel like the obsession to confirm everything we do on our computers may have been useful in the 1980s, but I'm fairly certain most people today know what they want to do. It's like the windows popups "Are you sure you want to close this, you dummy?" C'mon, Zoom, you're already at risk of being antiquated based on new video conferencing tools out there. Get with the times, users don't need a safety net.

ZoomTestKitchen

It's as simple as going to the Zoom Settings and turning it off.

settings.png

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

@ZoomTestKitchen

That works if I'm attending someone else's meeting. The problem I wish to resolve is if I'm the host.

NemanMTX
Attendee

Found and followed. YouTube too. 🙂

ZoomTestKitchen

Gotcha

I believe the pause you're talking about is a necessary decision making pause.

1. As the Host of the meeting
  2. I would click on the End button
  3. A pop-up appears and asks
    1. Do you wish to Leave Meeting
    2. Do you wish to End Meeting for All
  4. If you select, Leave Meeting, Zoom will assign a different host in your absence
  5. If you select, End Meeting, Zoom will immediately and abruptly end the meeting.

I don't receive a confirming "Are you sure" message.

@ZoomTestKitchen

Same (see first screen cap in thread). I just want to get rid of the pop-up listed in your step 3. 🙂 (For sake of comparison, Teams allows even the host to exit just by clicking the Leave button - no extra steps.)

At this point, I've just gotten used to issuing the End command then pressing Enter to accept the default End Meeting for All option ASAP.

ZoomTestKitchen

My apologies... I didn't realize that I was rehashing a question from last year with the same person using a different login. I've shared all the ideas I've got, including the use of ZoomOSC which is a one-push, kill the meeting solution.

@ZoomTestKitchen

All good, and much appreciated!