cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event created in google calendar with zoom meeting

influential
Listener

Hello

Any time I create an event in google calendar using the zoom add-on to add a zoom meeting 

the attendees will get the initial invitation and then immediately an updated invitation. 

It says:

This event has been updated
Changed: conferencing, description

Also when I create events for someone else's calendar the invitation comes from them the update comes from me

Is there a way to stop the updated invitation from being sent? I would like to avoid generating duplicate emails for one event.

None of these are practical as a long-term solution:

If I create the event in zoom it does not happen

If I create the event first in google calendar with the zoom meeting and then separately add participants it does not happen( this does not work  when creating the event on another's calendar)

6 REPLIES 6

lwmurj
Listener

I am also seeing this error.

We do not see the duplicate notification when selecting Google Meet as the video platform, only Zoom meetings.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 3.54.09 PM.png

perrine
Listener

I have also had this experience. 

aircover
Listener

We are seeing this issue as well and it is impacting our clients, any update???

EXP-Agent
Listener

Where are the answers to these questions? I want to turn off the calendar completely.

kendra_abrokwa
Listener

We are seeing the same. It's very annoying and confusing.

lwmurj
Listener

All,

Please file support tickets if you already have not. Zoom Support/Engineering needs to know the impact of this bug is not getting smaller. I filed a Support ticket and their response :
"Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Zoom Support. This is Antonio and I will be handling your ticket starting today. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our engineers are currently investigating this issue for now, we will update you as soon as we have finished our investigation.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this and I’d be happy to assist further.

Kind Regards,
Antonio"