I received the following error when trying to join a meeting:

An unknown error occurred

Error Code: 5006

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

ChuahCL
Listener

Forgot to mention that I'm using a MacBook Pro with  Apple Silicon M1 chipset. It was working fine until 1 week ago when this error message came up.

Make sure you are using the specific app designed for M1  chip

I have the same problem since the last update. Have installed zoom like 30 times again already and I keep getting the error (404). Have you fixed your problem already?

have reinstalled it a few times and still get the same error message. have given up and am using the browser interface instead.

alok108
Listener

I had the same issue. Just uninstall the zoom app and then reinstall. It will fix the issue

tried that but still getting error 5006  on newly installed version  (version 5.8.0 (1780). The previous version worked OK (I think it was version 5.4.0). I only tried to move to the new version because the old one did not allow a raised hand in the reactions, which I needed to participate in a zoom discussion.

Reinstalling Zoom does not fix this issue, we have done it many times and still it reoccurs. There is nothing listed on the error code, and we have experienced it with alot of our PCs

HLCTB
Listener

We have the same problem, on multiple PCs. This strange error code 5006 is not listed online anywhere, and seems to be totally random. We need help from Zoom Technical support.

bayeu74
Listener

When ever I try to record the meeting it looks like the recording is running well but after I finish it and go to the folder from the webpage I do not find any meeting there. Kindly guide me about it.

Aranza123
Listener

Me marca este error y no puedo unirme a reuniones.

Arundas
Listener

Hey I am facing since last update. Couldn't login showing timeout.   Reinstalled multiple times. Using ubuntu. Dont know how to delete zoom cache after locating in terminal. 

timdaviee
Listener

I'm experiencing a similar error but in my case reinstallation isn't working. I've installed Zoom for the nth time but I keep on getting the same error again and again.