cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endless video freezing, loss of audio, on a Chromebook

BrianArrigo
Listener

It seems nearly impossible for me to get a smooth meeting experience while use a Chromebook. Intermittent video freezing, loss of audio ... this is happening frequently enough that participation in the meeting is impossible while using a Chromebook. I'm using either the PWA or the browser. Happens in both cases. How do I fix this? 

I've closed/disabled all browser extensions. Closed all browser tabs. Closed all other apps. The ONLY thing I'm running is the Zoom PWA, or the Zoom meeting in a browser tab, with nothing else open.

I have very fast internet speeds, and plenty of system resources available to run the meeting (see below).

System: 

Google Pixelbook Go (atlas, version 97.14324.0)

Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-8100Y CPU

8 GB RAM

I ran the diagnostics below while on a Zoom call in which I could not maintain a smooth connection. The call was frozen or lacked audio for (I'd estimate) 30-40% of a one hour video call.

Screenshot 2022-01-16 10.46.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-01-16 10.50.18 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BrianArrigo , thank you for your contribution! I am sorry that you have not yet received a reply from the community. Happy to hear that you use Chrome PWA as our engineers encourage Using Zoom for Chrome PWA. In this case, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to the latest version and see if the issue persists. Also, kindly send us screenshots of any error messages or confusions encountered here. 

Thank you, and keep me updated! 

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Laura53
Listener

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PWA for Cb, and still frequent intermittent freezing and audio interruptions.   By necessity we have install the PWA,  so can the-powers -that-be in the Zoom/Chromebook tech sphere please improve their product.  Zoom is a must for many of us,  and we don't want to buy another device and ditch our Cbs.   Any other suggestions??  Thanks.

NateHauk
Listener

I am having the same issue on my partner's brand new high end Chromebook with i5 processor.  Download speeds exceed 250MBPs.  This needs to be resolved ASAP. 

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NateHauk and @Laura53 , I would encourage you to open a support ticket with our tech team to see if there is anything I'm missing. You can do so at this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

pcparker133
Listener

Zoom Moderator, what was the response to the issue reported about "It seems nearly impossible for me to get a smooth meeting experience while use a Chromebook. Intermittent video freezing, loss of audio ... this is happening frequently enough that participation in the meeting is impossible while using a Chromebook. I'm using either the PWA or the browser. Happens in both cases. How do I fix this? "    We have this same issue.