cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End button not working and green frame never goes away.

JessicaJill22
Listener

The end button does not work when I try to end a meeting I started. I need to press alt + q to force the end meeting popup. Also I have a green border around my desktop and or chrome after sharing in a zoom meeting about a month ago (it was never there before). The green line never goes away even after restarting the computer and uninstalling zoom.

8 REPLIES 8

ClarksonCote
Listener

Did you find a fix for this?

I'm having the same issues recently. Have never had this problem before in years prior. Clicking the End button doesn't work, and at times I've seen a green outline around a browser window even though Zoom has exited, etc.

I never knew about the Alt+Q trick, thanks for posting that. That's the only thing that seems to work to let me end a meeting.

OE
Listener

Please help - this is quite frustrating.

Same 2 issues. Using task manager to quit Zoom meetings. It's as if the UI doesn't know there's a Quit button under it and doesn't respond. I also get the green outline after meetings are over, as if Zoom doesn't clean up nicely after itself.

I do have a 49" monitor, which may be the issue? Not sure. I always run the latest drivers.

Jackstraw91
Listener

EXACT same issue.  

Tarahfaye
Listener

Same issue! Following to see if a solution was found…

BrianFulghum
Listener

Same exact issues started occurring for me last week, in May 2022, 7 months after the original post. I'm on version April 24, 2022 version 5.10.4 (5035)

Clicking the End button only hides the Zoom tool bar. The red X in the upper right corner doesn't trigger a close or leave option - it does exactly nothing. 
ALT-Q sometimes works, but this morning I had to use the task manager to kill the program.  

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the App, but that didn't fix the problem.

Is Zoom working on this? Is there a solution yet?  

anthony8
Listener

Same issue here, completely removed zoom via remove tool, issues return after re-installing

One note on the persistent green border, if you're using windows, you can simply restart dwm.exe and that should get rid of it.  You can also go into zoom settings and disable the green border on screen share although if you're like me and have a ton of windows open you'll likely quickly lose track of which window you're sharing.... YMMV 

sr6
Listener

I had the same issue, then I figured out it was the antivirus software that put a green border around my browser (although, it looks exactly the same as it would belong to zoom screenshare) - and had to disable it in my antivirus software