cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emoji's as a response to shares in the chat

steffie1
Listener

Hi All, 

A bunch of co-workers in my zoom rooms are able to make a checkmark or heart right below my chat comment but I can't seem to do that with theirs.  My zoom is upgraded and I use a mac. Not sure why it's not working for me.

If somebody has already put a heart or like under someone's comment then I can click on that heart/checkmark etc. to add that same response to it, but I can't initiate a response.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You need to enable the new chat experience on your account.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/11402068443021-Using-the-new-meeting-chat-experience 

Note 1: The ability to delete messages, view in-line image previews, use rich text formatting, take and send screenshots, and quote messages is available as of version 5.12.6, but the entire new meeting chat experience, including threaded replies and emoji reactions, requires 5.13.0 or higher.

Note 2: There is currently a known issue when using the new meeting chat experience, which causes chat messages to be lost when moving into breakout roomsWhile Zoom develops a solution, we recommend those needing to utilize in-meeting chat and breakout rooms to disable the new meeting chat experience.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Frank_TB

steffie1
Listener

Hi there--there is nothing there for me to enable. I can't even find the version I have. When I hover over my photo nothing happens. I also searched in settings. This is on a desktop.