cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited Recording and downloaded version is full recording

Jchu425
Listener

I recorded a meeting and due to some sensitive topic that was discussed, I needed to edit the recording to omit before I shared out the recording broadly.  

That worked and the link shows the edited version.

However when I downloaded the video in order to upload to another platform, it was the full version.  How do I go about downloading the edited version so that this is the version that I upload?

3 REPLIES 3

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

Unfortunately, when you trim, the edited version is only visible in the Recording link, not in the downloaded .mp4 file:
https://youtu.be/zE8-nTBjpl4?t=81

I also want the edited versions to archive, share to social media, etc., so I download the .mp4 and edit in my own video editor (Adobe Rush is my tool of choice).

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

Where do I get a video editor?

anissat

@crogersperaltae You have lots of choices available! My favorites are Adobe Rush or Adobe Express; both Windows and Apple computers have tools available as well. If you're looking for more robust editing tools, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Davinci Resolve are the industry standards. ALL are relatively easy to use for simple trims, and all have helpful resource videos on their own websites, as well as YouTube.

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat