cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During sharing part of screen: Upper line of green frame too thick

an3s
Listener

Hello, I have a problem that really, really disturbes me so much:

Sharing part of my screen to hide menus not important for viewers work but why is the upper line of green frame so thick? - It is so thick that it hides a complete line of menu of my programs for myself (see screenshot attached e.g. the address bar) and removing only works when using the "sharing whole desktop" mode.

Unfortunately the sharing options "whole desktop or selected applications or selecting several apps with CTRL key" do not fit to my needs. I often want to share more than one application similar but without their menus and task bar nevertheless I have to be able to see the menus myself without limiting the content area.

It should be easy to add an option to reduce thickness of frame also when using the "sharing portion of screen" mode. Please help me or do that 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Here is the webpage https://zoom.us/feed to make suggestions for Zoom. On the drop-down for What would you like to tell us about? Select Suggest an Improvement. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chrismenard7

It is not possible to change the thickness of the scene share border. I suggest sharing your entire window and using 1920 x 1080. I added a screenshot. I noticed you have Microsoft OneNote running. OneNote has a green border by default. Meaning without sharing, OneNote has a green border. I added a screenshot of my OneNote showing the green border. Let me know if this helps. Thank you. 

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately it doesn't fit to my needs.

I want to give my meetings a more professional and simple look by hiding task bar AND menus which are not relevant for my viewers so that they can better concentrate on the content of teaching. The teaching include use of several additional changing tools like calculator software or browser.

It is very common that e.g. in youtube you can see in many well captured tutorials only the content relevant part of screen (easy to limit with video capture software).

Zoom enables limiting also and of course therefor a frame is important, but the upper line of frame is so unnecessary thick/huge that I can not see important parts of my menus (not important for my viewers but very important for me to draw, calculate, control the presentation, ... ).

I tried to find a solution in the internet, but I couldn't. So there should be a possibility to make a development proposal to zoom, because it would be very, very easy to make the upper frame line smaller by software change.

chrismenard7

Here is the webpage https://zoom.us/feed to make suggestions for Zoom. On the drop-down for What would you like to tell us about? Select Suggest an Improvement. Thank you. 

an3s
Listener

Thank you, I just sent a proposal on https://zoom.us/feed as you described.