cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors

SteveW68
Listener

How can I choose which monitor holds which content? I'd like to have my shared-screen PowerPoint on the main monitor that has the camera, and the Zoom controls on the second monitor. I have tried everything including switching the monitors within Windows and nothing seems to work. Please advise.

9 REPLIES 9

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there! I have moved your discussion to the appropriate board. You can now find it under Meetings. This will help get your discussion in front of the experts relevant to this product topic, which in turn will get you a faster response!

--Bri

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello, does dual monitor works on webinars?

cera75
Listener

I am having this same problem. It used to work the way I liked, but zoom is reading the screen numbers incorrectly. It shows Screen 1 as what Windows shows as Screen 2.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SteveW68 @cera75 when you're in-meeting, click the share screen button Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 11.48.25 AM.png , you should see the following if you have multiple displays/monitors.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 11.44.40 AM.png

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @SellMore @SteveW68 apologies if my response were a bit confusing! However, you should be able to click and drag the Zoom control bar over to the monitor you prefer. As well as any other window you prefer to move to another window. You can either share the screen though with the content of the presentation whether it be on monitor 1 (main monitor) or monitor 2. Is this what you're referring to? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 4.35.29 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks, @RN that added the clarity I was missing.  '-]

I always have to drag zoom over to my second monitor.  How can I get the zoom application to always open on my second monitor vs opening on my laptop screen?  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jmf2002 this is based on your monitor assignment within your computer settings not within Zoom. This Apple Discussion might help though!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

SellMore
Listener

@RN  I don't believe you answered the question posed.  i.e. SteveW68 asked, "How can I choose which monitor holds which content?"