cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors: I want Zoom in one monitor and other apps in the other

zabouti
Listener

In other words, I am NOT interested in using Zoom on both monitors. So this support page  doesn't answer my question at all.

Before today, I could participate in a Zoom session on one monitor while looking at my PDF notes on the other monitor. Today that became impossible. Zoom took over both monitors. If I switched to the PDF reader on one monitor, the Zoom session disappeared in the other. This is new behavior. I have upgraded, but only after today's session. I don't think my OS changed. I'm on MacOS 12.2 Monterrey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you IP-Man.  I found the problem, thank goodness.  For some reason, I must have unchecked the Displays have separate Spaces checkbox in Mission Control.  All Heck broke lose with Zoom when I did that.

All fixed now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@zabouti

If you have a Mac -  try uninstalling Zoom by using their uninstall file instead of putting the Application in the trash.

You can do this by going to Applications -> right clicking on zoom.us -> Show package contents -> open Contents -> open Frameworks -> use the ZoomUninstaller file.

After this, try to reinstall Zoom again and let us know if that resolves the described issue.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thank you IP-Man.  I found the problem, thank goodness.  For some reason, I must have unchecked the Displays have separate Spaces checkbox in Mission Control.  All Heck broke lose with Zoom when I did that.

All fixed now.

HugoRibeiro
Listener

When using the 2 monitors option it is possible to highlight only 2 users on the second monitor. Whenever I try it only lets me put one. If this is not possible, it is possible to put the speaker or the person speaking to alternate between the person speaking, on the 2nd monitor?  I hope you can help me.