cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading recordings.

Francisco595
Listener

Hi. I'd like to know if there's something I can do so that my students CANNOT download recordings. I mean; I want them to watch the recordings online BUT I have to limit the possibility of downloading and sharing them offline. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomerIT
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Francisco595,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! This is definitely possible and is a setting that you can turn off within your "Share Settings" of a recording:

You can disable this option : "Viewers can download" . This allows viewers to download the video in addition to viewing it online. By disabling it, they would be able to view, but not download. 
ZoomerIT_0-1667242825963.png

Here is the link for your reference : 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ZoomerIT

Hi @Francisco595,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Community! This is definitely possible and is a setting that you can turn off within your "Share Settings" of a recording:

You can disable this option : "Viewers can download" . This allows viewers to download the video in addition to viewing it online. By disabling it, they would be able to view, but not download. 
ZoomerIT_0-1667242825963.png

Here is the link for your reference : 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205347605-Managing-and-sharing-cloud-recordings 

Thank you!

Thank you. It worked. Regards.

Hello 

I tried this and I can see that I have disabled "viewers can download" but when I copy the link and use it, it still has the option to download. I have tried updating settings a couple of times. Any other ideas on how to fix? Thank you!!

I tried this a couple of different times and sent it to my husband's email so I could check. It was still downloadable. Do I have to have a particular plan or what?

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Although Zoom will not allow a download there are many ways to screen record a video on your computer screen. A user could just record using their phone camera.  

Francisco595
Listener

Yeah, I know. There are lots of software to record whatever is on the screen. I just wanted to find a way to limit recordings using the link on ZOOM. Yhanks.