cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading files from a recording

Kupunakane
Listener

I was trying to download the files for a video recording. I selected "Record a separate audio file of each participant" in the settings. There were 2 participants in the recorded Zoom call.

I downloaded the video files and also an audio file but there doesn't appear to be separate audio files for each speaker.  I did receive this message when downloading the files - "The separate audio file of each participant won't be included, you can download them in the list."

What list?  There does not appear to be a list of separate audio files.

The cloud recordings list indicates that there are 5 files for the particular recording, which I assume are the speaker view, the gallery view, the combined audio file (both participants) and one audio file for each of the participants.  But there appears to be no way to access the separate audio files.

I am obviously missing something but what that might be is not intuitive.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Harmony21
Listener

I found this on Zoom:

How to record multiple audio files

When recording locally, the host can record all participants' audio streams as separate audio files, one file for each participant. To enable this option:

1. Open the Zoom client and click Settings.
  2. Click the Recording tab.
  3. Enable Record a separate audio file for each participant
  4. Record and save the meeting to your computer.
  5. Once the meeting is over and the recording has processed, open the recording folder. 
  6. Within the folder, open Audio Record.
  7. Once in the Audio Record folder, each participant's audio track will be listed as its own file. Each file name begins with the participant's name.

You have to click on the recording file inside Zoom and then you will find the separate audio tracks available for downloading inside the file near the bottom.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nat_P
Listener

I've recorded many times but haven't tried the individual piece.  I believe there is a copy and edit approach.  After you receive your recording, you should be able to download a copy for others.  Before you release it, prompt for options. The worst you could do is delete it. You'll still have access to your original copy. 

HUD199
Listener

I have the same problem. Where is the list referred to in the "circle i information symbol? I have 20 files using 1.02 Gb Only the usual combined video + single audio track. Please define "List" full path, etc. Thank you!

dgbTO
Listener

I have the same problem and question.  Except, in my case, I got no error message; having chosen to "record a separate audio file of each participant," whether to the cloud or to my computer, I got a combined video and audio file, and an audio-only file.  Furthermore, that audio for those two files was exactly the same--That is, it's not as though one was higher quality for one speaker, the other, higher quality for the other speaker.  Such a thing should be possible, because, with permission, Zoom could record locally for your guest, and then upload the locally made recording, with less compression and fewer live-streaming errors.

Harmony21
Listener

I found this on Zoom:

How to record multiple audio files

When recording locally, the host can record all participants' audio streams as separate audio files, one file for each participant. To enable this option:

1. Open the Zoom client and click Settings.
  2. Click the Recording tab.
  3. Enable Record a separate audio file for each participant
  4. Record and save the meeting to your computer.
  5. Once the meeting is over and the recording has processed, open the recording folder. 
  6. Within the folder, open Audio Record.
  7. Once in the Audio Record folder, each participant's audio track will be listed as its own file. Each file name begins with the participant's name.

You have to click on the recording file inside Zoom and then you will find the separate audio tracks available for downloading inside the file near the bottom.

Stephan
Listener

Not sure if you are still having this issue or not, but I stumbled upon the answer.  Hover your cursor over the Topic Title for the recording and you will see that it is a link to the file list. From there you can download the individual files. Good luck.

njhess
Listener

Thank you Stephan, you really saved me a bunch of time today. This should be spelled out more clearly in the help secction.