cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Zoom Meeting Recording with Subtitles

agordon2
Listener

Hey!

I was wondering if there is a way to download a zoom meeting recording whilst keeping the subtitles, as atm they disappear on the recording?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Zoom has a feature called Audio Transcription.

Audio transcription automatically transcribes the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud. After this transcript is processed, it appears as a separate VTT file in the list of recorded meetings. In addition, you have the option to display the transcript text within the video itself, similar to a closed caption display

Here is the Zoom article that I found: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings

But if you download the recording, the audio transcription will not show or will not include in your downloaded recording.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JepZoomie

Zoom has a feature called Audio Transcription.

Audio transcription automatically transcribes the audio of a meeting or webinar that you record to the cloud. After this transcript is processed, it appears as a separate VTT file in the list of recorded meetings. In addition, you have the option to display the transcript text within the video itself, similar to a closed caption display

Here is the Zoom article that I found: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004794983-Audio-transcription-for-cloud-recordings

But if you download the recording, the audio transcription will not show or will not include in your downloaded recording.

Hello Jep,

I came across this post as I have a similar question. I was wondering how do I add my closed caption file that I enabled it during the meeting to my downloaded recording? I cannot find similar articles at the moment. I noticed that when I check my recordings, there will be three files (audio, video, and closed caption). I need the closed caption in my video file and I am not sure how. 

Thank you in advance.

JepZoomie

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if my response has been of help to you. If so, it will be greatly appreciated if you can click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

This will be a great help to the community and to people who are having the same concern and are looking for answers.

agordon2
Listener

Hello,

Yes I am aware of the VTT files that are created afterwards. As we edit the videos, the transcripts don't align with the VTT file. Will there be an update on Zoom  where when a recording is downloaded the subtitles stay every time?