cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Meeting Recordings to keep permanently

GGCA
Listener

To start, I am VERY non technical.

Can someone SIMPLY explain to me the best way to "save" a recording of a zoom meeting so it will be saved permanently and I can send it to others to view? I work on a laptop and not Apple.

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@GGCA 

Assuming that you have a paid Zoom account you have the option to record to the cloud or record locally. From your description of wanting to permanently save the recording and send it to others, then I would lean towards recording locally. Although, depending on the length of your recorded meetings, these recorded files can become large pretty quickly. So, managing your local disk capacity will become important, along with potentially being challenged trying to send a very large file to somebody. That will depend on the method of sending that you choose to use.

I've included a screenshot below that displays the options you'll want to take a look at in order to prepare to record locally.

I've also included a link to the official Zoom documentation regarding local recording.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

ZoomTestKitchen_0-1673994936198.png

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen