cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dotted lines on speakers screen

vjb1974
Listener

Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue with the screen displaying the person speaking where there are horizontal dotted lines in front of the image. When someone is sharing the screen (presentation, or other file) it is all normal. I have tested also connecting via browser and it works fine.

I am using Zoom client 5.13.3 (11494) on windows 11

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jmw
Listener

Hi there
We had the same issue. Same horizontal dotted lines when it's not at sharing screen. Using 5.13.4 on Windows 11.
We resolved the dotted lines by changing the Video Rendering Method on the Zoom Desktop client from Auto to GDI.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037870291-Managing-advanced-video-settings 
Plan to change it back to Auto after the next update.

JMW

View solution in original post

vjb1974
Listener

Hi there,

Thank you for the solution although in my case it didn't work out with GDI, I have to use Direct3D11 instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jmw
Listener

Hi there
We had the same issue. Same horizontal dotted lines when it's not at sharing screen. Using 5.13.4 on Windows 11.
We resolved the dotted lines by changing the Video Rendering Method on the Zoom Desktop client from Auto to GDI.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037870291-Managing-advanced-video-settings 
Plan to change it back to Auto after the next update.

JMW

vjb1974
Listener

Hi there,

Thank you for the solution although in my case it didn't work out with GDI, I have to use Direct3D11 instead.

wwescott
Listener

The prior solutions work but, as noted in the posts, not every computer can use the same setting to get rid of the dotted lines. As it turns out, changing the render method only avoids the issue, which appears to be related to a new feature called "Optimize quality of the video I receive with super resolution". This is found in the upper area of the same Advanced Video options already mentioned. If you uncheck this option, you can leave the rendering method set to Auto, like it was in prior versions of Zoom. You don't even have to restart Zoom to see the change. I am attaching a screenshot for reference.

Now I have an issue I need help with on this: how do I push this setting out via MSI options while deploying this new Zoom version to 3,000 clients? It is not yet listed in Zoom documentation as far as I can see. Does anyone know what the zConfigure or zRecommend equivalent would be for setting this option to OFF?