cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Zoom Link change when you change meeting times?

basil4
Listener

I am pretty new to Zoom.  Does the link created when I schedule a meeting change if I change the meeting time on the same day?  Different day/time?

3 REPLIES 3

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @basil4! Welcome to the Zoom community, we're happy that you're here 😊

When you schedule a meeting on the Zoom app, just make sure to click the Personal Meeting ID instead of Generate Automatically so that your meeting link stays the same. Your PMI is assigned to you automatically as a permanent personal meeting room. You can start it at anytime or schedule it for a future use. Your personal meeting room's ID, your PMI, will remain the same as long as you use it at least once every 365 days. 

Check out this article for more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362843-Personal-meeting-ID-PMI-and-personal-link 

If this helps, don't forget to click the Accept as Solution button below!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @basil4.  I think @crchan123 have you some good information about using the Personal Meeting ID, but I’m thinking maybe you were more concerned about a scheduled meeting without using the PMI, and you needed to change the meeting date and/or time.

The link only depends on two things: The Meeting ID, and the Passcode. If you are modifying an existing meeting, as long as you don’t change the Passcode, the link URL originally created should still work fine.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

JimmyWick
Attendee

Editing the meeting details will not change the meeting link. If you've already sent out the meeting details and now the timing of the meeting needs to change, your participants do not need a new link! Firstly, you do not need a Zoom account to access a Zoom meeting.

Regards,

J Wick