cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a participant with correct passcode bypass the waiting room if both are enabled?

Flatlander
Listener

If both passcode and waiting room are enabled, will a participant with the correct passcode still have to be admitted from the waiting room?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

No, that is not the behavior. As I said previously, the passcode and Waiting Room features are independent of each other. If you require a passcode, every participant must provide the passcode, regardless of if you are using the Waiting Room feature or not. If they do not provide the correct passcode for the meeting, they are simply not allowed entry to the meeting. There is no other route taken when providing the incorrect passcode. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @Flatlander 

Yes, a participant must always provide the passcode (either manually or as part of the meeting link) when joining a meeting that requires a passcode. This is independent of the Waiting Room feature.

Depending on how you have the Waiting Room configured, some participants can potentially bypass the WR, but there is no way to bypass the passcode. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you for the prompt response. I'm uncertain that I made my concern clear. I want those with the correct passcode to be able to join the meeting without having to wait for admission from the waiting room, but those without the passcode go to the waiting room and wait for admission. Is that what happens when both passcode and waiting room are enabled?

Bort

No, that is not the behavior. As I said previously, the passcode and Waiting Room features are independent of each other. If you require a passcode, every participant must provide the passcode, regardless of if you are using the Waiting Room feature or not. If they do not provide the correct passcode for the meeting, they are simply not allowed entry to the meeting. There is no other route taken when providing the incorrect passcode.