cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not suppress mics / allow as much sound as possible

strider
Listener

I've been looking for this exact question, but can't find it or at least one that I think works. I would like to set up Zoom audio so that it does not suppress other microphones when one person is talking, or, at least allows as much sound as possible without feedback (ideally without headphones - but maybe it's only possible with headphones). 

You might wonder why since it goes against the "one person speaking at a time" approach of a typical meeting. But some applications are: for people to be able to responsively read text together (like in a liturgy or drama), or to sing together, or simply to allow more natural noise to happen when the main person is talking. It's quite unnatural feeling to hear complete silence in a classroom. However, you also don't want the main speaker to get interrupted every time someone coughs or knocks their mic.

The best I've found is to: 

• Set Suppress background noise to "Low"
  • enable "High fidelity music mode"
  • turn off "echo cancellation"

Am I missing anything? Thoughts for anyone else who has tried any of the applications above?

Thanks!

Jason

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @strider! I apologize for the delayed response and for not seeing this sooner. Are you still needing assistance? If so, please let me know and I will do my best to get you an answer asap 🙂

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?