cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do alternative hosts need to attend zoom meeting to set up breakout rooms or can they do in advance?

jhilov
Listener

Hello,

I was made an alternative host to a meeting that I didn't schedule on zoom. I logged into the zoom room in advance to see if I could arrange breakout rooms in advance, especially since I'm uncertain I can attend the actual zoom meeting later this afternoon. Can alternative hosts schedule breakout rooms in advance, or do they need to attend the actual zoom meeting to do so? Also, I don't see a field or button indicating where I'd click to set up breakout rooms. Any advice is appreciated.

jack

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jhilov as an alternative host you are unable to pre-assign breakout rooms before a meeting. 

As a meeting host, you can pre-arrange your meeting participants into breakout rooms when scheduling the meeting. This can be useful if you already know how you want to group your participants. You can also manage your breakout rooms during the meeting.

When Designating an alternative host I don't see anything about the ability to manage breakout rooms as an alternative host. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!