cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Meeting Templates save the hosts preferences under Settings, Meeting?

geoffrothman
Listener

Or does it only save the actual settings from the meeting itself?  For example, in our meetings we always want participants to be able to copy/paste links posted in the chat but to do this, my understanding is that the host has to have the "Allow users to save chats from the meeting" checkbox turned on for "Everyone". I don't see this option configured inside individual meeting settings...I only see it from my personal settings under "Settings, Meeting".

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @geoffrothman 

Meeting templates only save the specific configurations you've made for the meeting the template is based on. While some settings appear in the Settings page and when scheduling a new meeting, the rest of those settings are applied (or not) when the meeting is started. Since they are only checked and applied at the meeting start, they are not included in the template. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

geoffrothman
Listener

@Bort thank you! So just to make sure I understand, any Zoom setting not specified in the Meeting template is only taken into account when the meeting is actually started? In that case, let's say you have a host, co-host and panelist...if the the co-host clicks on the "Start" button to start the meeting does it use the co-hosts settings for non-template Settings or does it use the Host's non-template Settings?

Bort

With alt-hosts and such, they are able to start the meeting in place of the host, but have no further backend connection or control of the meeting itself. This means that if the Alt-host clicks the Start button, the system will still check the original host's license and settings to determine how that meeting should be handled.