cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need several licences? .. and a little bit more!

class1582
Listener

Hi,
I am new to Zoom. I would greatly appreciate your help and advice as to the best plan for the following requirements:

- I intend to ask a tutor to teach a group of up to 12 students on Zoom.

- Each lesson lasts about one hour.
- The assignment consists of 12 hours, one hour a day, spread over 3 weeks.

- There will be up to 5 tutors, each teaching a separate group (details as above)
- Both tutors and students are on Zoom Basic.
- Tutors will need Screen Sharing, Breakout Rooms, Team Chat and Whiteboarding
- I will upgrade to Zoom PRO.

Questions:

1. Am I right in assuming that I need to buy a PRO license for each tutor?
2. What about participants (students), do they need to have Zoom PRO each as well?
3- Tutors will also need to speak with students, even in their "Breakout Rooms". Is that possible?
4. When a tutor completes his/her assignment after 3 weeks, and they are not available for a while, can I cancel their license, and request it again if and when needed?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Well, either you have posted your question under two different names, or there is someone else asking the very same question as you!

Please see my response to this post:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Is-it-necessary-to-have-several-licenses/td-p/85824 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Well, either you have posted your question under two different names, or there is someone else asking the very same question as you!

Please see my response to this post:

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Is-it-necessary-to-have-several-licenses/td-p/85824 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Great!  It wasn't me who asked that question.  Thank you very much for the detailed reply and the additional notes at the end.  Very useful.

Kind regards!

class1582
Listener

I am very, very surprised.  It was not me who asked the question, jameswilliam234 is not me. Yet, it is almost a copy of my question, and to add to the mystery, they asked it one hour before I did.  I never believed in telepathy!!