cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Co-Host's Security Settings Need to Match Host's Settings?

jcastaneda_pw
Listener

Hello - just checking if anyone knows if people you assign as co-host to meeting need to have the same security features settings matching that of the host? I ask because I was recently in a meeting where the host restricted participant settings (ie no video, muted on entry, chat only with host/co-hosts) before the meeting started yet during the meeting we found that those settings reverted back to default allowing participants to zoom bomb. Our only guess is that the other individuals assigned as co-hosts didn't have the same security features enabled. Any one have thoughts? Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Security settings are set to the hosting account. If you were to promote a co-host to the level of the host, the security settings would still pull from the original host of the account. Co-hosts' account settings only apply to meetings that they host personally. Now, that said, if the co-host account admins do not allow the user to chat in a Zoom Meeting, then the user, whether a co-host or a participant, would not be allowed to chat "in meeting" no matter what the host's security settings are enabled on the account. Your security settings follow you personally as you traverse between meetings. Still, the meeting security settings are primary in any meeting that the user hosts. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

YaBoiB

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Security settings are set to the hosting account. If you were to promote a co-host to the level of the host, the security settings would still pull from the original host of the account. Co-hosts' account settings only apply to meetings that they host personally. Now, that said, if the co-host account admins do not allow the user to chat in a Zoom Meeting, then the user, whether a co-host or a participant, would not be allowed to chat "in meeting" no matter what the host's security settings are enabled on the account. Your security settings follow you personally as you traverse between meetings. Still, the meeting security settings are primary in any meeting that the user hosts. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?