cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distracting audio feedback when sharing from an iPad Pro via Zoom on an iMac

wilpercy
Listener

Hi, 

I recently upgraded my iPad from an aging Air2 to a Pro. I find that when I connect the iPad to this iMac and try to share material, generally photos, I can intermittent burst of rasping feedback from the iMac's speakers. My students can also hear this. Is anyone else having similar trouble and is there a solution I'm unaware of? I never had this trouble with the old iPad. I can upload a recording of the noise if need be.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

wilpercy
Listener

I should have said that all devices and software are fully updated.

coachmac
Listener

I'm having the same issue!! No idea how to fix

Thanks for replying. I see that someone else has the same problem apart from us. I sent feedback to Zoom but no reaction to that so far. I’m getting better help from Apple Communities if you want to follow there. 
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254417976?answerId=258282855022&cid=em-com-apple_watches_email_...

wilpercy
Listener

I've worked out how to do this but without the cable connection. Zoom's Share Screen menu allows you to select either an iPhone or iPad using AirPlay. Double click that button then on the iPad drag down from the top right corner of the screen to reveal Control centre. I selected the screen mirroring feature then chose my iMac so that content from the iPad appears in Zoom on the iMac for others to view. I can annotate the image from the iPad using Zoom's menu on the iMac.

Since it is a wireless connection using home wifi there is no buzzing feedback from the iMac's speakers.

This is a great work around but the original problem remains...