cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Zoom Background

Sunflower1234
Listener

Hey everyone!

My Zoom background disappears every time I enter a meeting, despite me turning on my virtual background settings. Does anyone know how to fix this? Appreciate it!

10 REPLIES 10

DougMcArthur
Listener

We are also having an issue where a recent update has removed virtual background.

I've had the same problem for a while now. I've searched but found no answer.

It's so frustrating whenever I turn on my video, and my messy background is revealed 😂 thanks for letting me know it's the update! I really hope they can fix this issue.

Until they fix it, you can change your video setting to "Turn off my video when joining a meeting" - you'll have a chance to select your background before turning the video on.

amhandy
Listener

Has anyone found a fix for this? Every time I enter a meeting , my background disappears. So frustrating! I appreciate the ideas posted for a short term fix. 

bfint
Listener

The January 16 release - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/12128382592525-Release-notes-for-January-16-2023 - included a fix (see the section on Resolved Issues):

• Resolved an issue regarding virtual backgrounds not loading when previously set - Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS

I updated to that release and the backgrounds are in place when I start meetings. 

Thanks.

FYI for others, the update selection was not available on my installation so I had to uninstall and reinstall zoom to update to that release.

EdzVailoces
Listener

Me and my Boss is also having the same issue recently and my Boss was really frustrated and I can't explain it to her why. 

Why is this keeps on happening? What do we need to do to fix that this virtual background and the profile picture will not keep on dissapearing?

The fix was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread on 1/27/23

EdzVailoces
Listener

Hi Jerry,

Yes, we tried the uninstall reinstall fix. We hope this will work.