cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Icon: Other Person Unable to Join Meeting

MgtShields
Listener

I have been using Zoom quite successfully for over 6 months for a series of short (half hour) meetings with different people. I normally start by clicking on the drop down apps menu on my HP laptop (the one you get by clicking on the 'Windows' button on left hand of the toolbar at the bottom). Being in alphabetical order, the list displays it at the very bottom. On Monday morning I started as normal, and set up three meetings for that evening. When I tried to get back on Zoom about 15 mins before the first scheduled meeting, the icon had disappeared. I managed to log into Zoom from my internet page, and succeeded in opening the meeting page. Video and audio seemed to be working fine. However, the person who should have been the other participant rang me about 5 mins after the meeting should have started to say they were unable to join. This happened also for the second scheduled meeting.

A) How have I lost the Zoom icon? and how can I get it back? 

B) Why are my meeting participants unable to join the meeting, and what can I do about it?

As far as I know, I have not been doing anything differently to when I was using Zoom quite happily before.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MgtShields it's been some time since you've posted this! Could you try accessing Zoom from your HP desktop, by going to Start, then selecting Settings  > Apps > Apps & features, and see if you have Zoom? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!