cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disadvantage on merging 2 Pro-Accounts

DamnedToWin
Listener

I was surprised that by merging two pro accounts we ended up having less than before. We are no longer able to run two zooms in parallel. This seems to me to be a surprising and unfair disadvantage. Why is this the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks like that. In my eyes this is an unnecessary and frustrating constraint. Instead of incentivizing to grow from single accounts to merged accounts and over time to develop into a business account Zoom is doing just the opposite. Not being able to run concurrent meetings any longer due to the merge disappoints me.
Hopefully Zoom is giving that issue a second thought. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You should still be able to host 2 meetings simultaneously, but you have to ensure that each meeting is scheduled by a different user on the account. Also, if you did not assign a license to the new user, then their meetings will be limited to 40-minutes, which is standard for Basic users. This is because when you add the other paid user, their subscription is cancelled and ended in order to join your account, and Zoom does not automatically increase the number of licenses on the account receiving that user, since this is something the owner would need to manually adjust in Billing. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

J-Zoom-ATL

@DamnedToWin When utilizing pro accounts, each user is only able to host 1 meeting at 1 time. If users are merged, then that means there is only a single user. 

Business accounts and higher can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. If you need this functionality, I would suggest looking into upgrading the licensing on your account to Business (minimum 10 licenses needed). 

Please see the article on hosting concurrent meetings for reference: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings- 

If this helped answer your question, please hit the "Accept as solution" button below. 

I've increased the number of licenses to two on the merged account and assigned the new license to the merged user. It doesn't seem to be possible to run two meetings in parallel though. 

J-Zoom-ATL

@DamnedToWin Each user account will need to host a meeting separately. 

So if you have user *********** and user ***********, you need to assign a license to both users and then each user can schedule a meeting and run it separately. This is the only way to achieve concurrent meetings with a pro account. 

Looks like that. In my eyes this is an unnecessary and frustrating constraint. Instead of incentivizing to grow from single accounts to merged accounts and over time to develop into a business account Zoom is doing just the opposite. Not being able to run concurrent meetings any longer due to the merge disappoints me.
Hopefully Zoom is giving that issue a second thought.