cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling host claiming on meeting lounge

jareds65
Listener

Hi all. I wanted to ask if it is possible to change our Zoom Business account settings so that we don't have to be a host in order to see people in the waiting room and admit them into the meeting? We are using a meeting lounge every day and nobody is the host by default. We want to remove the bottleneck that is having to claim the host role every single time, and we want everyone with the link to automatically join the meeting without needing permission in the waiting room.

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @jareds65 

Unfortunately, there is no way to change the Waiting Room in that way. The Waiting Room can only be controlled by the host of the meeting. 

That being said, you could edit that scheduled meeting and disable the Waiting Room, so the meeting no longer has that issue. This article has some info about how to schedule a meeting so that it can run smoothly without the need of a host to be present: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8780304262157-Starting-a-meeting-without-the-host-present

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort,

Thanks for your response!

I checked our Account Settings > Security and saw this very first option: Require that all meetings are secured with one security option. "Require that all meetings are secured with one of the following security options: a passcode, Waiting Room, or "Only authenticated users can join meetings". If no security option is enabled, Zoom will secure all meetings with Waiting Room."

I tried to disable it but I was not able to because it says the updated security guidelines, we are unable to remove having one security option.

Your reply mentioned that we could schedule a meeting without the host being there. In our Account Settings > Waiting Room options, these are all checked:
  • Users not in your account will go in the waiting room
  • Users invited during the meeting by the host or co-hosts will bypass the waiting room
  • Host, co-hosts, and anyone who bypassed the waiting room (only if host and co-hosts are not present) can admit participants from the waiting room
  • People in the waiting room are sorted by join order

It seems that we've already enabled bypassing the host/co-host to join the meeting, but that does not mean we still cannot disable the waiting room because of the new security guidelines, is that right? 

If we allow authenticated users like what was mentioned in the article you presented, that still won't allow us to remove the waiting room, is my understanding correct?