cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Avatars

JohnWill
Listener

Hi,

i use zoom to teach people and I want to turn off avatars for all participants in my zoom meeting. Some students set avatars like cows or dogs or bunnies and when they do it gets very distracting for the other students so I would like to know how to turn it off. Is you know please let me know.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi johnwill,

please see

Using Avatars in meetings and webinars – Zoom Support

you can turn off avatars -

account managment->account settings->meeting tab->in meeting (advanced)->avatars

toggle to disable (or enable).  lock to prevent users from changing this setting.

thanks,

eliot

Sorry. This isn't working for me. I have a free account but when I follow the path you stated a lot of that path isn't available to me. Do I need to sign in with some kind of administrator privileges or something? If I do have to do that how is that done?

SanderK
Listener

This solution does not work.  There are no avatar settings in my account settings.  We need to be able to disable avatars so that students and children don’t get distracted or disassociated from their meetings by turning into a horse halfway through.

lakanook
Listener

As per the above, there needs to be a way for the host to disable the use of avatars in meetings when we teach through zoom. It is incredibly distracting and unfair to other students and teachers to suffer the distractions of these avatars when teaching. I cannot find "account managment" or "account settings" and there are no functions in "in meeting (advanced)" concerning avatars. 

Please advise how meeting host can disable the use of avatars.

ammduckzoom
Listener

My account has restricted avatars for being used, however today two people were able to use avatars. Has anyone found a solution?