cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference btw the numbers of participants on the Active Hosts page and CSV file

Marik
Listener

I'd like to know the actual number of participants(not unique number of users who accessed to the Zoom link) in a Zoom meeting from an admin page > Reports > Usage Reports > Active Hosts.

However the number shown on the list in the page and the total number of participants' names on an exported CSV are different.

e.g. 

• number on the list in an admin page: 275
  • number of names on a CSV file(showing unique users):212
  • number of names on a CSV file(not showing unique users):310

Does anyone know how these reports count the numbers of participants?

Thanks

Marik_0-1629888531568.png

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Marik, If a user joined more than once we condense all joins into one, also known as 'unique users'.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Marik, just checking in to see if my response helped further clarify 'unique users' and differences in numbers in the report. If this helped, don't forget to click the 'accept as solution' button, thanks! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

acidburn
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi,

Adding to this one, I also observed the discrepancy on the participants number on the Zoom dashboard vs. the one from the csv file. For the example mentioned above:

• number on the list in an admin page: 275
  • number of names on a CSV file(showing unique users):212
  • number of names on a CSV file(not showing unique users):310

Which is the source of truth in terms of participant list 275 or 310?

Also, will it be possible for the Admin to set the number of minutes to which a participant's attendance will be counted? For example for a 1 hour meeting, the admin could set 45 mins for the participant's attendance to be counted.

Your thoughts on this, please.