cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Screen Sharing Settings

nickredwood
Listener

How do I adjust my recurring meeting settings in Zoom to default to allowing participant screen sharing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi all, 

You can set the default sharing behavior on the Settings page in the web portal. Under the Screen sharing option, you have the Who can share? and Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing? options, which will set the default behavior for all your Zoom meetings. Unfortunately, there is no way to set that default on an individual meeting basis. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi there! In your host controls, click the arrow next to Share and click Advanced Sharing Options Screen 😀

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Bri - is there a way to change this setting so it's the default? I would like to set it up so I don't have to be in the call to change this setting.

I guess you didn't get an answer to this. Must be a lot of people who want to be able to make this simple default.

This is NOT an accepted solution.  I was trying to reply to this message stating I am moving all of my recurring calls to Microsoft Teams as there is a solution to default to participant screen sharing on that platform, thanks.

Hi Bri - is there a way to change this setting so it's the default? I would like to set it up so I don't have to be in the call to change this setting.

This isn't an answer to the question. I also want to know this. We don't want to change the setting in a meeting every time. We want to change the default, so that if we have a recurring meeting, the host doesn't have to be on to change the setting. Participants can always hop on and start sharing.

That fixed it - thank you!

Bort

Hi all, 

You can set the default sharing behavior on the Settings page in the web portal. Under the Screen sharing option, you have the Who can share? and Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing? options, which will set the default behavior for all your Zoom meetings. Unfortunately, there is no way to set that default on an individual meeting basis. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you, Bort. I've done this in the past (probably from your post) but this really needs to be at the meeting level. How do we propose features?  I'm now going to have to switch the default back to anyone can share to facilitate a growing team on recurring internal meetings, but much prefer that sharing is not the default for other meetings and events.

There is no Who can share or who can start sharing when someone else is sharing in my online settings. using a mac.

Thanks! How do you get to that Settings page from the home page?

misszoomie
Listener

Thank you!

thatsh1tsdingo
Listener

It's here. I finally found it. Not sure why Zoom makes this very needed and common feature so hard to find. Why can't this be done on the App....

Thanks!

MrSingh
Listener

I have already selected this, but still i have to join the meeting, click on security, and click on allow participant to share. Only then participants can share. How to make this by default, so that i need not to join everytime to enable participants to share.

hewitta77
Listener

Same issue for me - when a meeting begins in my zoom room and someone wants to start sharing their screen, they always need to remind me to "allow screen sharing" . Frustrating. I have the screen sharing settings turned on as per above, but this doesn't seem to change the default. I remember a time when zoom meetings were being hacked due to this screen sharing feature being "on" by default. Zoom then switched it the default to "off" so you had to turn it on yourself. Which tells me they didn't resolve the security issue, are being extra careful, and/or forgot to update the settings to let users have control over the default screen sharing settings for participants.