cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Original Sound ON

Rayco
Attendee

Why have Zoom removed the option to start up with OS turned on? 

Must be a reason why they would do something so stupid.  Total pain in the backside the way it resets all Prefs when its updated too. 

The money they have made out of musicians using Zoom over Lockdown must be ridiculous. 

15 REPLIES 15

worker1
Listener

Completely agree. Need to turn it on for each new zoom meeting. Such a stupid decision to remove it.

tarheel78
Listener

Can someone tell me how to turn it on?

It depends on what device you are using. 

On a computer it has to be enabled in Settings then switched on in the Zoom meeting. 

On smartphone App like iPhone it is a little bit tricky: Before you enter a meeting, you have to enable "Administer original sound" (is this the correct translation? in German it says Originalton verwalten). To enable this you have to click on "...more", then select "Meetings" and there you can enable "Administer Original Sound".

Later on, after you have entered a meeting you klick on "...more" and there now you find the option "switch on original sound" (in German Originalton einschalten).

It relies upon what gadget you are utilizing.

On a PC it must be empowered in Settings then turned on in the Zoom meeting.

Stylish Names for Facebook

mapanett
Listener

Missing this feature as well.  Or at least I'd like the Zoom smarts detect when audio from a music and or video source is coming through and not filter it.

Rayco
Attendee

Sorry, not what the post is about. We all know how to switch it on, even though Zoom have made it more difficult.  

The default setting is what we need fixing. 

lee6
Listener

I agree, I use breakout rooms for my group music lessons and every time a student goes from one breakout room to the other, it resets their audio. So now they have to click "original sound" multiple times in the same meeting...it is ridiculous!

Rayco
Attendee

And still no one from Zoom giving a valid reason for removing this essential feature. 

My subscription is coming up for renewal, or is it time to cancel it? 

Rayco
Attendee

Let's have a chorus of 'Why Are We Waiting'. 

Konko
Listener

Zoom, we've been waiting for 5 months. Please allow us to have Original Sound for Musicians default to "on".

Rayco
Attendee

Disgusted at the service from Zoom, still no response and no valid reason why this feature was changed.  

It did not make any difference to any other uses the way it was before, but since the change it has disrupted almost every single session we have had. 

Rayco
Attendee

Last week we had over 120 people take part in a Livestreamed music concert to raise money for Charity. 

What a bad advertisement it was for Zoom software that on thsi Multi-Natuional event so many people had problems with sound. 

Many who have been using Zoom for a long time still had problems with Origianl Sound and those who don't use it very often struggled and took ages to get Original Sound on, while live on Youtube to thousands of people.   Some failed to get it working at all. 

It is time NOW for Zoom to put this back the way it was in Version 5.11 and get it working properly. 

Read the Thread before replying with redundant information. 

Multani
Listener

Thank You so much for giving this.