cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD Sound

Guildlady
Listener

How can I get sound on Zoom for a DVD player?  I can hear and see what is playing, but my guests cannot hear any sound.  I don't know how to make it work for my guests.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hello @Guildlady ,

I'd like to help but need you to  a bit more information.

Are you using an actual DVD Player device via a capture card or are you using a software DVD Player?

If you are using software, what operating system are you using and what is the name of the DVD Player software.

Guildlady
Listener

I am using an actual DVD player that plugs into the computer.  Windows 11 is the operating system.  I believe the name of the player is LITEON.  Any help you can give would be so appreciated.  Thanks.

newl
Just to make sure we are on the same page, many people are surprised to find that you can no longer play DVD or Blu-Ray Discs in Windows 11, Unlike past versions of Windows, Windows 11 doesn’t have built-in support for playing DVDs and/or Blu-ray.

INFO: The reason this is no longer supported natively in Windows 11 is due to Microsoft deciding to not to pay licensing fees for DVD support in Windows 11.

The easiest way to get DVD support on Windows 11 is download and install third party DVD software or vendor supplied DVD software that may be included with your computer. If your computer does not have DVD software installed, then I would suggest using a free open-source option called VLC Media Player.

Regardless of which player you end up using, you will need to make sure that the DVD is playing in the player and then share the DVD window via Zoom's Screen Sharing and make sure you enable the "Share Sound" and "Optimize for Video Clip".