cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting a Portion of Zoom Recording

DBR
Listener

Hello - I need to cut 00:12:36-00:13:00 from a recording that is 01:36:57.  I cannot figure out how to do it.  I selected the scissor icon and when the blue bar appeared I selected these time codes thinking this portion would get trimmed.  Instead, the system saved on this portion.  I restored the original recording but I cannot figure this out.  Please advise.  TIA!

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @DBR.

I'm sure you've already read this Zoom Support article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003001383-Trimming-cloud-recordings

It might not be clear that the term "Trim" in this case only refers to the ability to remove portions from the beginning and the end of a recording.  Removing a portion in the middle is really "editing", and not part of the Trimming operation.

The bars you manipulated are only intended to indicate where you want the trimmed video to start and end.

It's possible to download the file(s) and edit them in a variety of video editing software applications, then upload the edited file to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thank you for your reply!  I read the info and didn't see anything specifically discussing the "trimming" I was hoping to do so I jumped on the Community board.  I am not technologically savvy so may I ask for recommendations for simple video editing software applications?  Also, do I need to pay for a Vimeo or YT account to post it?  TIA!!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @DBR.

Unfortunately I've been doing video editing a long time and have lost touch with the current crop of simpler editing programs.

YouTube uploads are free.  Vimeo does charge, depending on the plan.

Is this a one-time thing for you, or something that's worth the effort to get set up with something?

Again, thank you for your response!  This is a one time thing -- a community town hall that took place this morning that I'd like to circulate to the community.  I did a search on Google and found flixier which appears to be free but I cannot figure it out.  I have a lot of skills but anything tech related is not included. lol!  

Ray_Harwood

If you are not in a huge hurry to get it posted, I'll send you a PM (private message) with info on how to reach me, and I'll do a quick edit and upload for you. 

(You won't be eligible for PMs until Tuesday.)

I really appreciate this offer. I was hoping to get it out this weekend but if it has to wait until Tuesday that is fine! Thank you so much!

tayyab12ac
Listener
  1. Open your video or audio editing software. There are many options available, depending on your platform and budget. Some popular options include Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Audacity, and GarageBand.

2. Import the recording you want to edit into your software. This can usually be done by clicking on "File" and then "Import," or by dragging and dropping the file into the software window.

3. Locate the portion of the recording that you want to remove. You mentioned that you want to cut the portion from 00:12:36-00:13:00. Many editing software will display the timeline of the recording, allowing you to easily navigate to specific time codes. Look for a timeline or waveform display and locate the section you want to cut.

4. Select the section of the recording you want to cut. Many editing software will allow you to select a specific section of the timeline by clicking and dragging over it with your mouse. Once you've selected the section you want to remove, you should see it highlighted.

5. Use the cut tool to remove the selected section. In most editing software, you can use a cut tool (often represented by a pair of scissors) to remove the selected section of the recording. Click on the cut tool and then click on the timeline at the beginning and end of the selected section. This should remove the section from the recording.

6. Save your edited recording. Once you've removed the section you wanted to cut, make sure to save your changes. You may need to export the edited recording as a new file.

If you're still having trouble, consult your software's documentation or search for tutorials online. Editing software can be complex, so it may take some time to get the hang of it. Good luck!

For more info: diseño paginas web