cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Zoom Toolbar for Participant

Kathy01
Listener

I attended a Zoom Meeting as a participant.  Presenter had set options so the participants would only see Chat and Raise Hand.  Easy and less confusing for those joining the meeting.  I wasn't able to locate where these settings can be achieved in the Admin. Settings.  Please assist when convenient and thanks. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Kathy01 While in meeting, you can customize how the attendees can chat with (in meeting and webinar) and what the participants can do. 
For chat, click on the "Chat" icon on your toolbar and click on the "..." option in the bottom right. 
For other functionality, you can click on "Participants" and then click on "more" in the bottom right of the opened window. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.24.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.24.23 AM.png

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

Hello,  I bet you are right.  I am positive that the events I attended were webinars due to the size of the event.  And since these were training events with around 45,000 attendees, it would make sense to not to have the majority of options like video/audio options available.  For meetings, (and my license is for 100 participants), it has all of the other options available with video and audio options too.   Thank you for your detective work on this.  I am going to accept as a solution now.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

J-Zoom-ATL

@Kathy01 While in meeting, you can customize how the attendees can chat with (in meeting and webinar) and what the participants can do. 
For chat, click on the "Chat" icon on your toolbar and click on the "..." option in the bottom right. 
For other functionality, you can click on "Participants" and then click on "more" in the bottom right of the opened window. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.24.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 9.24.23 AM.png

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

phklass
Listener

I don't think this is what Kathy is talking about.  I just attended a session too.  The only options on the toolbar were  Q&A and raise hand.  There were no other options for participants.  I tried to set this up for a future session.  I learned I had to have administrator privileges to add a Q&A button in the meeting (advanced) settings.  I am only a user.  I didn't see any option about removing mute, video, etc. from the toolbar to keep it simple for users.   I think that is what Kathy (and I) would like to know.

Thanks

Hello,  you are right.  I have not been successful in determining the settings to achieve  options to only see  Q & A and Raise Hand for the participants in the toolbar.  The webinar I attended as a participants had these 2 options and it really simplified the technical side for the presenter. Now that I will be a presenter soon, I would really like to figure this out to make this simple.  I am appreciative to anyone in the community that can find a solution.  Kathy

phklass
Listener

Kathy,  I think we both attended webinars (not meetings).  I looked further and read that webinars have less interaction so the participant's choices are limited.  Our campus doesn't have a webinar license so I only can schedule meetings, which offer more choices for participants.  Maybe this is why we don't see these choices in our meeting settings.

Hello,  I bet you are right.  I am positive that the events I attended were webinars due to the size of the event.  And since these were training events with around 45,000 attendees, it would make sense to not to have the majority of options like video/audio options available.  For meetings, (and my license is for 100 participants), it has all of the other options available with video and audio options too.   Thank you for your detective work on this.  I am going to accept as a solution now.