Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers Account impersonation

MaCa
Listener

Hi

I had a badly experience today.

A was administering a sub account from a customer reviewing his setting until right before the meeting and joined the meeting while staying at the sub account.
Once joined the meeting I noticed that I have not joined the meeting with my own account instead I joined the meeting with owners account from the sub account. Even if I was logged in as me in the Zoom desktop client!!

This was really bad!
I´m wondering if I´m the only one with such a bad experience or if there are other admins that had this issue?

Only workaround for me, is to use the admin portal within a private browser session every time I´m administering a sub account.

As I could not find any information about this I opened a case on Zoom support.

cheers

Matias

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

As a freelancer this used to happen to me all the time. I'd start the meeting showing the wrong profile picture, etc.

A couple of things I have learned and changed since...

1. Remove the saved Zoom passwords in your Web Browser, such as Google Chrome and others.
  2. Then when logging into Zoom via the browser, DO NOT CHECK "Remember Me" or "Keep me logged-in"
  3. Same rules apply to logging into the Zoom client, DO NOT CHECK "Keep me signed in"
  4. Finally, if you find yourself logged into a Zoom meeting under the wrong credentials, you can  you can open the primary Zoom dialogue window (the one you initially signed-in with), click on your profile picture, and select "Sign Out". This will not end your meeting. Then sign-in with the correct credentials.
    NOTE: you'll even notice that when doing this your profile picture in the current meeting will instantly update.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

@ZoomTestKitchen 

Thanks for your information, I changed now my workflow and I use only private browser session for the admin portal, all data will be deleted closing the browser so this should also help;)
But I´m astonished that I could not find any official information about this important behavior to avoid such strange situation that could have an impact on customer side.

cheers

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!