cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor can not be moved out when sharing video after sharing screen of Preview

Bianca_GC
Listener

Hi! I usually share videos and photos or PDF files using Preview on my Mac. But when the sequence of sharing is from Preview then I do a New Share then share a Video, my cursor stays stuck on the shared screen while the video is playing, I can actually move the cursor out on my end, but for the other participants, they see my cursor stuck in the middle of the screen, I am unable to move it. Has anyone encountered this before?

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I would guess that the others are looking at a captured image of your mouse pointer. Which probably means if you were to move your mouse off that screen or area just prior to sharing, that that mouse image wouldn't show-up.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Thanks Jeff! I guess that is what happens. But the problem is, there is no way to remove my mouse  pointer from the center of the screen right before sharing because in order to share I need to click on a part of the screen near the center to choose the  video I want to share. When you use the Advanced Sharing - Video option, the file browser that opens is right in the middle of the screen. So I wonder if there’s a way to choose a video without having my mouse pointer go on the center of the screen. 

ZoomTestKitchen

Capturing an image of the mouse and displaying it on top of a shared moving video is pretty weird behavior, itself and is probably part of a larger issue, such as hardware acceleration or video card.

But, in the meantime that File Browser window that pops-up, I would let it pop-up, then use your mouse to move it to a location that is not the center of the screen since that is where the player is going to pop-up. Try that and see if it helps.

BTW: I use this share method often and have never had this experience, and I tried a few minutes ago, but am unable to replicate it.

Good Luck!

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen