cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create daily meeting with breakout rooms that everyone can go between

skuni
Listener

Hi,

My team would like to have 1 reusable meeting where we can all work together online, where the meeting has predefined breakout rooms for people to go to on need-basis (similar to having virtual conference rooms). Ideally we don't need to re-setup breakout rooms every day.

I'm able to create a recurring meeting that has predefined breakout rooms, but noticed that:

1. The host must enter the room to open the breakout rooms. Is there a way to keep breakout rooms open by default?

2. To let everyone go between any breakout room, I have to first recreate new breakout rooms to enable the setting to let people move between rooms and then reset breakout rooms again to pre-defined rooms; is there a way for my recurring meeting to default to users moving between rooms?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

1. There is no way to have the breakout open by default. But, there is also no way to run a meeting without a host and have any control over the meeting. If you don't want to require the same host every time to have to join and open breakout rooms, you can set the meeting options to allow participants to join anytime, and then the original host can share their host key, which is located under their profile settings with others that they wish to play host on occasion. Then when one of those folks joins the meeting, they can click on Claim Host, and enter the Host Key in order to become the host of the meeting.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen

1. There is no way to have the breakout open by default. But, there is also no way to run a meeting without a host and have any control over the meeting. If you don't want to require the same host every time to have to join and open breakout rooms, you can set the meeting options to allow participants to join anytime, and then the original host can share their host key, which is located under their profile settings with others that they wish to play host on occasion. Then when one of those folks joins the meeting, they can click on Claim Host, and enter the Host Key in order to become the host of the meeting.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen