cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Participants

Alasdair
Listener

There is no clarity around how Zoom counts 'participants'.  If I buy a package that includes 300 participants, does this mean:
a. Maximum number in a single meeting
or
b. Maximum number who can join all the Zoom meetings I create in my account?

If it is b., then if I set up 5 meetings and a single users joins all 5, do they count as 1 participant, or 5? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Alasdair,

When you purchase a license to have a meeting with 300 participants, your license allows for one meeting for up to 300 people in that meeting at that time.  If you have 5 meetings created in your Account that you are the Host for, with your license each meeting can have up to 300 people.  If you invite the same person to every meeting you have scheduled, that person is counted on a per meeting basis.  Not the total of the meetings you have scheduled.  

Think of it this way..... Each meeting scheduled (or ad hoc) is a session.  Each session can have 300 Participants. 

If this helped answer your question, please consider marking as solution accepted to help others. 

Thank you,

Nancy

View solution in original post

nancyc

Hi Alasdair,

There is a maximum on the number of meetings one host can hold at the same time.  There is no known limit to the number of meetings you can schedule in your Account.   Would you like me to find out who your Account team at Zoom is?

Thank you,

Nancy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

nancyc

Hi Alasdair,

When you purchase a license to have a meeting with 300 participants, your license allows for one meeting for up to 300 people in that meeting at that time.  If you have 5 meetings created in your Account that you are the Host for, with your license each meeting can have up to 300 people.  If you invite the same person to every meeting you have scheduled, that person is counted on a per meeting basis.  Not the total of the meetings you have scheduled.  

Think of it this way..... Each meeting scheduled (or ad hoc) is a session.  Each session can have 300 Participants. 

If this helped answer your question, please consider marking as solution accepted to help others. 

Thank you,

Nancy

Thank you. Do you know of anyone within Zoom who I can contact to discuss how to have THOUSANDS of meetings, ONE host, and maximum 3-4 participants per meeting?

nancyc

Hi Alasdair,

There is a maximum on the number of meetings one host can hold at the same time.  There is no known limit to the number of meetings you can schedule in your Account.   Would you like me to find out who your Account team at Zoom is?

Thank you,

Nancy

Hi Nancy!
>There is a maximum on the number of meetings one host can hold at the same time.
What is the maximum on the number of meetings one host can hold at the same time?

nancyc

Hello Artoflivingru,

Basic Users can only host one meeting at a time.   Please review your licensing and this Support article as reference to determine how many meetings your Hosts can run simulaneously: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0068522

Nancy

We have BUSINESS tariff plan, 10+ users.
As I understand - two meetings at a time.
Thanks!

nancyc

You are most welcome!

Thanks for reaching out,

Nancy

Nancy

Alasdair
Listener

Hi Nancy,

Yes, it would be great to contact the account team.

nancyc

Hi Alasdair,

To protect your privacy, I avoided asking where you are based.  We researched your Community ID and believe we found the right Account Executive.  Her name is Sophie Stiglmayer.  Whether I am correct or not, please directly email ***********.  If she does not cover your area, she can find out who does.

Thank you,

Nancy