cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Not Connect to Meeting Using Zoom PWA on Chromebook

JR6
Listener

I have a Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2. Tonight I was unable to join a meeting using Zoom PWA. My Internet connection was strong enough and yet I got this message while trying to connect: "Joining Meeting Timeout or Browser restriction. Your network connection has timed out or your organization has disabled access to Zoom from the browser. Please verify your network connection or organizational policy." I was trying to connect to a personal not business meeting, so not an organization. I tried everything to connect. I was initially on ExpressVPN app, but disconnected, cleared my cache and still no go. I tried rebooting, no go. I uninstalled Zoom PWA and reinstalled it, still couldn't connect. I tried to connect many times and in different ways, first by using the meeting link and not signing in, then aborting that session and signing into Zoom PWA and entering meeting code and password and still no luck. Is it possible the error message I received was due to the fact that I tried to enter the meeting so many times? I really, really would appreciate some help. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

willjoe2442
Participant

Zoom's Chromebook app will soon be no more. According to 9to5Google, the video conferencing platform has sent out a notice to Chromebook users to let them know the app will shut down by August 2022.

Regards,
Willjoe

JR6
Listener

Right, Willjoe, the old Zoom app for Chromebooks is gone, but I'm using the new substitue for it Zoom PWA (Progressive Web App) and that's what I'm having difficulty with.

Elia, it was not working for a group call. I could not connect to the group and even after removing the app and reinstalling it the situation remained the same.  I got this same message that I posted earlier even though my Wifi connection was strong and this was a personal not business Zoom meeting: "Joining Meeting Timeout or Browser restriction. Your network connection has timed out or your organization has disabled access to Zoom from the browser. Please verify your network connection or organizational policy." I also got a "please wait to connect message. This may take a few minutes." I was never able to connect. I'm wondering if there is a Google Zoom PWA technical person on this forum who can give me some suggestions? 

Yes it is some organizational policy. Definitely ZOOM PWA technical assistant can help  us in a better way. 

Thelmahoremansz
Listener

Please.  Give me a example  what I have to do.