cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of Zoom Meeting

tmartinbrough
Listener

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of a past zoom that I participated in but didn't record? It was recorded by a third party who isn't sharing it.

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! If you are not the meeting host, then the data belongs to the host. Allow another participant to record in one of your hosted meetings, and the participant is a part of your account. You can go to account management -> recording management -> look up the meeting ID in question, and you can find the recording there. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

So I can’t access the zoom in question? Your advice is for a future zoom? Is there anything that can be done? I just need to view it for work purposes.

YaBoiB

The question that you are asking is open to interpretation. Do you own the recording? Did you host the meeting where the recording was taken place? Do you own the main account where the recording took place in the meeting? As in are you the owner or admin of the account where the recording took place in the meeting? Everything in Zoom is about ownership and privacy. If you do not own that data then we cannot give it to you legally. Make sense?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

It's unfortunate because I did host the meeting. I didn't record it because the third party wanted to ensure that there were no technical issues so they recorded it. But it was my meeting.  Lesson learned.

YaBoiB

Did you look in your recording management for the meeting https://zoom.us/recording/management?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

My question is what if you were part of the meeting? If you joined in the meeting but were not the host. Is that zoom meeting video available to me? Is it automatically saved in my archive, your archive or does the host have sole proprietorship of video? And if I able to request to  obtain a copy from Zoom or The Host? No clear on exactly what the process is. If I log in at a specific time & enter the meeting with ID number do I have access to the recording in any way individually or is it available for public sale or just myself and the host. Or zoom controls it all? I just want to know specifics. If I join a meeting and attend it for how many hours  do I get a copy from you or from the host? Or can I get any information on an old zoom I attended to assist in locating the specific zoom I need and was the only one I attended in like say 2021?

Please advise