cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy & Pasting images into Zoom Meeting chat?

TroyLowndes
Listener

Wondering if it is possible to Copy & Paste (C&P) images into Zoom Meeting chat?

I understand that you can do this in zoom (none meeting chat) however when you're in the middle of a zoom meeting/session with participants it would be very beneficial to be able to do this.

Other software (eg Teams) allows you to C&P during a meeting ... why doesn't Zoom?

5 REPLIES 5

TroyLowndes
Listener

In saying images above - i mean images such as screen grabs etc.

Being able to send those to participants during a meeting is something that many people would often do/use!? I know I do;)

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

Hmmm, I was just able to use the Snipping tool and paste that into the chat.   

Maybe also try this setting for the Screenshot like in non-Zoom chat in the app, it also allows for screenshots and copy/paste - 

kjhartma_0-1669648691516.png

If you have image files (jpg, png, etc.) those can be sent through the Chat as well if enabled. 
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209605493-Sending-a-file-in-meetings-and-webinars

kjhartma

Hi Troy,

Check out the release notes from earlier this week.  You have to turn something on in user settings, but it looks like screen shots are now possible to send in an in meeting chat message.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201361953-Release-notes-for-Windows

Thanks,

KJH

lastreaction122
Listener

@TroyLowndes wrote:

Wondering if it is possible to Copy & Paste (C&P) images into Zoom Meeting chat?

I understand that you can do this in zoom (none meeting chat) however when you're in the middle of a zoom meeting/session with participants it would be very beneficial to be able to do this.

Other software (eg Teams) allows you to C&P during a meeting ... why doesn't Zoom?

Hi Troy,

I don't think there is any function in zoom that allows you to do that, especially compared to platforms like Teams that allow it. I think zoom prioritizes security and preventing malicious content sharing. Allowing direct image uploads could pose security risks like malware or inappropriate content. Allowing large image uploads could impact meeting performance and strain bandwidth for participants with limited internet connections.

Meanwhile you can use Upload images to services like Dropbox or Google Drive and share the link in the chat. This option offers flexibility but necessitates switching between platforms.

Frank_TB

Hello,

The in-meeting chat functionality has expanded to enable stronger communication and improve feature parity between in-meeting chat and Team Chat. Hosts can allow meeting participants to communicate as effectively and efficiently with in-meeting chat, as they do with Team Chat. Participants will be able to delete their messages, reply in threads, quote, format their messages with additional rich text formatting options, preview images directly in the chat thread, capture and send screenshots, and react to messages with emojis.

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064539 

chat screenshot0.png

Regards 

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!